Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Directs and controls warehouse activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing packaging material and ingredients inventories. Plans and schedules department functions to ensure the prompt delivery of merchandise of the kind and in the amount ordered. Staffs, organizes, and directs operations within a warehouse to effectively manage the receipt, storage, selection, packaging, loading, and shipping of products to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Ensures products and supply stocks are distributed and received in an efficient manner such that no shortages, down time, or delay in start up times occur. On floor at start up to ensure proper handling.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities such as production, sales, records control and purchasing departments.
- Prepares or reviews distribution documents.
- Screens and hires warehouse personnel and issues work assignments.
- Controls costs through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of storage space, and proper protection of stored materials.
- Maintains records of inventories and location for production control and cost accounting.
- Recommends warehouse/material handling equipment needs and replacement.
- Responsible for enforcing company policies of conduct and safety and initiates disciplinary action.
- Identifies the causes of product losses and takes corrective action.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
BASIC SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
- Typically requires greater than 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word); SAP experience preferred.
- Must be available outside of normal working hours as needed.
Pilgrim's - 16 months ago