Redbox Automated Retail, LLC , a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc® and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.redbox.com Information about Coinstar can be found at www.coinstar.com .
Responsibilities include directing and coordinating day to day activities of the redbox parts distribution center while controlling costs and operating an efficient, cost effective facility either personally or through a subordinate staff of seven (7) associates. Responsibilities include the receiving, warehousing and shipping of our kiosk parts, cleaning supplies, and the refurbishment of certain high-end touch screens and parts. Job requirements also include ensuring that all parts are handled in a safe and efficient manner and keeping back orders to a minimum. Knowledge of SAP in a warehouse operation will be required as this position will be establishing the implementation of SAP within the operations. This position is a part of the logistic leadership team.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Skills/Qualifications: Supervision, Developing Budgets, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Equipment Maintenance, SAP, Warehouse Layout, good management judgment
- Interact with Home Office leadership on systems and process development for new SAP installation. This includes the ability to lead solutions, work with various levels of management at a Home Office and within the redbox corporate environment.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Can approach warehouse KPIs from a labor management, inventory accuracy, picking standards, and determine root cause analysis for areas that are not meeting budget or operating standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continuously monitor the performance and activities of the warehouse with a primary focus on quality, operational efficiency, and profitability.
- Develop, monitor, maintain, and executive effective inventory management processes to ensure 96-98% on time shipping to the redbox Field Operations staff.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of in-bound receipts from suppliers and Field Operations staff (via RMA process) to maximize the warranty benefits.
- Interpret all company and department policies to warehouse staff and enforce safety regulations.
- Lead efforts to ensure warehouse facility is maintained in a clean and orderly manner and ensure full functionality of all mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Serve as a liaison between the warehouse and other functional areas across redbox to coordinate activities and service internal customers.
- Provide leadership to warehouse staff by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices, customer service, and safety conscious behavior.
- 4-year degree in related field with demonstrated applicable job experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in a large team environment
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and technical skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Concepts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point)
- SAP Experience is a plus
- Successful supervisory experience strongly preferred
Redbox - 13 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...