Plans, organizes, and monitors the receiving, storage, and distribution of medical products to include prescription drugs and devices, received from suppliers to ensure on-time, quality shipments to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead start-up operations to include; storage capacity requirements, departmental layout, automation review, process flow, space utilization, staffing requirements, new hire training, and development of key performance metrics.
- Manage staff to ensure timely distribution and receipt of product while meeting standards of budget, policies, procedures and quality.
- Document and maintain, in proper form, all records required relating to the purchase and distribution of all prescription drugs (including controlled substances and devices).
- Develop and implement ongoing quality and process improvement programs.
- Monitor the unloading of all materials into the Receiving Department; ensure materials are staged for counting and inspection and reports accurately reflect material received.
- Implement and maintain a program for inventory control--receiving, documenting, and adjusting product.
- Resolve day-to-day issues using defined processes and working cross-functionally with internal departments .
- Develop and adhere to service and financial metrics, including staffing, capital and expense targets.
- Select, develop, motivate and lead staff to ensure attainment of warehouse goals.
- Monitor key performance metrics and provide associates with individual and team results.
- Assure associates have appropriate training and resources to meet customer needs.
- Maintain safe working conditions and ensure all associates comply with Company safety policies and procedures.
- Assure complete compliance with the Prescription Drug Marketing Act of 1987 (Federal) and with all Federal and State laws and regulation applicable to the conduct of a wholesaler.
- Provide for the proper storage of drugs in order to prevent loss or deterioration.
- Assure security and limited access to all areas holding prescription drugs and devices.
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the manufacturing/ wholesale distribution of drugs and or medical devices.
- A minimum of three years warehouse management experience in a high volume pick pack operation.
- Experience with warehouse management system (WMS).
- Ability to work and lead associates in a fast paced operation. Position requires a large percentage of time on the warehouse floor.
- Familiar with the most common material handling equipment – forklift, pallet jack, etc.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Strong managerial and conflict resolution skills. Able to effectively train, coach and mentor associates; provide current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and constructive feedback to team members.
- Results-oriented self-motivated individual who can work in a team environment, as well as make independent decisions.
- Experience developing and implementing processes and procedures.
- Organized and efficient. Able to organize, prioritize and delegate work.
- Excellent documentation and record-keeping abilities.
- Able to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to influence and communicate at all levels, through verbal and written means. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
- Warehouse Supervisors
- Team of Warehouse Associates
Sarnova, Inc. - 18 months ago
Sarnova is a leading specialty provider of health care products across the emergency medical services (EMS) and acute care continuum. It is...