Summary: This individual assists in maintaining Warehouse operations by knowing basic Warehouse knowledge, putting away product, and load/unload trailers. Stores finished products and raw material in the warehouse as required.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Basic Warehouse knowledge
2. Put product away
3. Load and unload trailers
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required:
1. Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in material handling and warehouse operations is helpful.
2. Working knowledge of related safety equipment to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions (forks down, no climbing racks, using walkway doors, etc.).
3. Ability to organize, coordinate and perform material handling activities in a warehouse environment.
4. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
6. The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BTD - 7 months ago