The purpose of the Warehouse Materials Handler is to load, unload, move, store, pick, and pack materials within the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Packs product with all required components.
- Uses hand-held scanning equipment to enhance the speed & accuracy of storing, picking, and shipping orders.
- Receives product from production department.
- Stores product in designated bins.
- Picks product from bins for shipment. Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials and/or oversized boxes onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles using pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or worksites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Counts and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Stacks or assembles materials onto pallets and wraps pallets using shrink wrap machine.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck, electric pallet jack, or order selector.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be considered, please send résumé in Word format to: email@example.com . Please put "Warehouse Material Handler" in the subject line.
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Previous experiencing picking/packing and working in a production-oriented environment.
- Prior experience with RF scanners, pallet jacks (electric/manual), and forklifts is a plus.
Gibson Brands Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Real pickers put Gibson Guitar on a pedestal. Although it trails top guitar maker Fender, Gibson builds instruments that are held in...