ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, parks and destinations and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries.
ARAMARK Business & Industry Facility Services is part of ARAMARK's $2 Billion Global Facilities Business representing a client portfolio of 16,000 facilities and two billion square feet. Everyday we provide workplace, facility, and business support service solutions to a client base encompassing a wide range of environments including but not limited to automotive, life sciences, technology, industrial, manufacturing, and corporate campuses. We are uniquely positioned to integrate a variety of diverse business support functions into a single solution set we often self perform. Our B&I FS solution sets are process based, metric driven and integrates technology to manage and report outcome based performance.
Aramark B&I Facility Services division has an immediate need for a Warehouse Operations Manager at our Oakland, CA location. Please be advised, this is a rotating shift position with scheduling on certain nights and weekends.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Commissary by effectively managing Warehouse Supervisors, Leads, Drivers and Warehouse Workers.
- As a leader in the operations function; develops implements and drives strategies to achieve Company and client objectives.
- Coaches, trains and develops front line personnel to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of performance.
- Leads Recognition and Safety culture and utilizes operations leadership skills to enhance client partnerships.
- Troubleshoots and resolves safety, service and other operational problems in collaboration with warehouse and administrative functions.
- Responsible for managing to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse management system and related equipment, inventory is received and issued appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse.
- Assists GM or AGM with the evaluation of the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product; manage to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and counseling of Warehouse staff to provide ongoing support and development.
- Leverages leadership skills to set goals for front line teams and provide regular performance feedback utilizing all management resources available to include work-with observations.
- Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled.
- Maintains all business records, documentation and administrative standards as required to include personnel records, train deliveries, product and asset inventories, DOT requirements.
- Models and leads I-Inspire and safety leadership, and all key initiatives relating to these core values, to provide a positive Commissary environment.
- Owns and fosters effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- At least 2 -3 years of relevant experience.
- Key experience in the following categories is an asset: customer service leadership, foodservice or route sales operations, performance management, training and development of front line personnel.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to obtain DOT certification to operate DOT regulated vehicles.
- Client interaction, communication, organization/time management, multi-tasking and computer skills are critical to the success of this role.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently is important as well.
- Must have familiarity with inventory control procedures and experience handling perishable products
- Industry background to include vending, food service, route distribution (e.g. uniform distribution or customer products), retail.
- Must be able to work various shifts
ARAMARK - 12 months ago
Keeping employees fed and clothed is one mark of this company. ARAMARK is the world's #3 contract foodservice provider (behind Compass...