This position must accept full responsibility for all Safety, TS Compliance, Teammate needs, TPM, Third party vendors, supply purchasing & office management of the tire and auto warehouses. Incumbent required to establish lead role in directing staff & resources for continuous improvement to most advanced levels of operations & performance…i.e., new opportunities for forklift fleet utilization and maintenance, purchase supplies at least cost, balance carrier operations between receiving/shipping, and inventory capacity.
PRINCIPLES ACCOUNTIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Warehouse Operations Management
• Direct receiving activity to ensure on time delivery, release carrier equipment to avoid detention, and monitor yard management for
• Manage inventory processing to ensure product availability for timely customer shipment & to ensure DC compliance with BFS lead
• Create and direct solutions for inventory capacity problems.
• Work in concert with BFS plants
• Prepare to act in capacity of DC manager as may be required
• Responsible for warehouse and auto expense control
• Establish targets, objectives, and goals throughout the warehouse and auto operations.
• Create and maintain an environment of continual improvement that parallels company objectives
• Ensure operational objective and processes in the physical distribution manual are in place and being followed.
• Constantly evaluate operational process for innovative ways of conducting daily task and activities.
2. Personnel Management
• Manage 3rd party vendors, & Material Handlers, directing & evaluating performance.
• Mutually set goals & objectives toward subordinate success and advancement.
• Establish lead role in promoting safety, accident prevention, and incentive programs that promote excellence in warehouse
• Recruit and train BFS Teammates
• Investigation of all W/C incidents and chair the DC Safety Committee
• Promotes a Team concept work environment
Process and Misc. Management
• Analyze monthly reports/records of all DC operations to assure best practices are in use to minimize cost and maximize efficiency
• Assure building safety / security requirements are met, all occupants comply with and are comfortable understanding standard
• Lead project analysis and plans as may be directed by DC manager that result in combined efficiencies of transportation, auto, and
• Ensure that security on duty at gate(s) is properly positioned and fully aware of CDS and common carrier daily schedules and
• Ensure Fire equipment is well maintained
• Assure Fire and security systems are in good working order
• Promote the growth and compliance of the TS program
• Responsible for all DC safety programs
• Responsible for all mobile equipment inventory and maintenance
BS in Logistics/Business Administration or related plus 6 years logistics supervisor experience.
12 years progressive responsibility in Logistics environment including 6 years Warehousing experience plus 6 years supervisory experience.
Bridgestone/Firestone - 11 months ago