Under the direction of the General Manager, the Warehouse Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on the management of the warehouse personnel and the implementation of warehouse action plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the distribution center to include transportation when applicable.
- Manage the facility as a separate entity/profit center.
- Review all facility financial information to include weekly flash reports, and assist with annual budget preparation and Profit/Loss statements.
- The tracking and recording of equipment hours, assurance that equipment maintenance schedules are followed and employee meetings are conducted
- Assist with ensuring that all licensing and permits are in place as required by state and local law.
- Conduct performance reviews for all associates within the facility.
- Assist with maintaining facility in accordance with AIB standards, FDA, USDA and OSHA guidelines.
- Provides direct supervision to warehouse personnel.
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet service standards.
- Assists in developing a program to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness.
- Assists in the development of productivity tracking and reporting.
- Develops and implements shipping and receiving work schedules and assignments to assure effective and efficient operations.
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
Experience, Education, and Training:
- Must be able to work in varying facility conditions.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer
- At least 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Computer applications using MS office
- Computer applications experience using SAP or warehouse
operating system desired
Experience with RF scanning
Previous experience in light manufacturing
Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
Working knowledge of AIB standards, OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA & USDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
Excellent supervisory skills
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent analytical and mathematical skills