Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Directs and coordinates activities of and for the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing duties personally or through subordinate managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually analyzes and presents cost savings initiatives by effectively leveraging the buying power of the Warehouse Division, YLA.
- Participates and at times leads cross divisional initiatives to improve the financial position of the Warehouse Division and YLA.
- Manages current temporary staffing agency(s) through frequent review of service level compliance and competitive rate structure.
- Tracks and identify opportunities for cost reductions in the areas of warehouse consumables, office supplies, fleet performance and facilities repair and maintenance.
- Leads the effort to identify new vendor opportunities from the point of crafting the Request For Proposal to new vendor on boarding.
- Confers with executive management staff to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Assist in the development and management of written and verifiable procedures for the vetting of customers and vendors beyond financial viability.
- Analyzes department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made.
- Leads quarterly critical vendor/supplier meetings to ensure adherence to NLA purchase order procedures, service level expectations and review/compare contract rates with current industry rates.
- Participates and supports new customer implementation when applicable.
- Manages and leads the Service Level Agreements between Operations and internal enabling services (e.g. Information Systems, Human Resources, Accounting, etc.)
- Effective use of communication and follow up skills that maximize the effectiveness and support of our internal enabling services.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university highly preferred; seven years related experience at management level, in logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 18 months ago