Under close supervision, this entry-level position is responsible for the movement of materials to support Company wide operations. Because employees in classifications at this level maybe in a training capacity, such individuals do not require significant work experience in the applicable field.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Operating hand lift or powered fork lift, or by other methods, moves material according to work order and material transfer sheets; supplies material to manufacturing, packaging, research and development (R&D), shipping, receiving and other departments.
- Verifies and ensures that materials pulled from inventory that supply other departments are accurate; compares work orders to material transfer sheets.
- Ensures that material transfer activities are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Loads and unloads freight trucks.
- Maintains tidiness and cleanliness in the warehouse.
- Stacks and stores materials in designated areas.
- Complies with all Company equipment and safety rules and regulations.
- Conducts physical inventory as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
- Warehouse practices and procedures.
- Basic mathematical computations and applications.
- Warehouse and equipment safety rules and regulations.
- Basic computer program applications.
- English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Prefer one (1) year of warehouse work experience in a manufacturing environment.
High School diploma
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 20 months ago