JOB TITLE: Warehouse Operator
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Supervisor
STATUS: Hourly, 6pm-6:30am (12 hour shift, graveyard)
JOB PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to safely and efficiently manage the receipt, internal movement (to include warehouse organization and good housekeeping), manufacturing support, shipment of materials, and machinery to satisfy our internal and external customer’s needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
- Performs daily visual inspection of your forklift and document results continuously.
- Works in a Bar Code environment using Laser Scanners, Tracking Devices, and Label Printers, continuously.
- Rotates stock on a FIFO basis through the use of specific computer systems, continuously.
- Performs daily safety inspections of trucks, materials, and equipment to conform with regulatory compliance standards, continuously.
- Confirms material receipts through the use of our computer systems, occasionally.
- Transports raw materials, finished goods, and machinery in the most safe and efficient, manner through the use of electric forklifts.
- Receives/unloads, supplies Manufacturing, picks/stages/loads, and effectively warehouses all materials, continuously.
- Tracks materials to efficiently supply our internal and external customers using specific computer systems.
- Confirms all shipments through the use of specific computer systems, continuously.
- Prints PO Receipts, picklists, bills of lading, verify accuracy of documents concerning material movement.
- Cycles count inventory in warehouse zones using the equipment and systems provided, occasionally.
- Dusts, sweeps, mops, scrapes, scrubs, and paints using the necessary tools provided by CMI , continuously.
- Programs, supplies, loads, and unloads automatic palletizer equipment according to production schedule, continuously.
- Uses rolling ladder to retrieve boxes up to 7 lbs from 75” high shelving.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Provides internal and external customers with quality products, along with information to our Systems and Admin Staff.
- Identifies, confronts, addresses, and resolves problems using root cause process analysis.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
Must be able to:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer skills, average to good.
- Possess a valid Washington State Drivers License.
- Quality minded.
- Be flexible to work any shift and overtime.
- Must be able to hear forklift horns and other signals.
- Work in a team environment of continuous improvement.
- Quickly comprehend clear expectations, guidelines, policies, and functions, continuously.
- Work in a fast paced environment with little or no supervision and complete all tasks, continuously.
- Continuously read, write, and ensure the accuracy of various mathematical functions.
- Continuously work in a safe manner, following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Continuously abide by Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping guidelines.
- Continuously meet attendance expectations.
- Lift and carry for short distances, and transfer up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Frequently twist and turn while driving forklifts forward and backward; frequently climbs on and off of forklifts.
- Frequently stoop, bend, or squat to reach below 56” shelf or lift up to 60” high.
- Stand and walk frequently on concrete floors.
MINIMUM Education AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate.
- Experience driving a forklift.
THE POLICY OF CONTINENTAL MILLS IS TO RECRUIT, HIRE , TRAIN AND PROMOTE ALL PERSONS IN ALL JOB GROUPS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE , COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE , MARTIAL STATUS, PRESENCE OF SENSORY, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL HANDICAP, VIETNAM VETERAN STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Continental Mills - 2 years ago