Posting Job Title: Warehouse Specialist 1
Requisition #: 141500BR
Posting Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte
Area of Interest: Customer Service
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
Time Warner Cable East region is currently seeks a Warehouse Specialist I in our Finance Department in Charlotte, NC. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Responsible for performing activities related to the day-to-day operation within the warehouse material and CPE departments. Including both BU material and supporting material initiatives/programs within the Region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works on all material inventory, replenishment, receiving and tech/contractor issue
- Fully supports warehouse to achieve overall 6 plus turns, maintaining at least 98% cycle count accuracy with 98% plus fulfillment rate
- Supports CPE team to achieve 100% CPE fulfillment rates and 100% count accuracy
- Supports coordination of material (including E&O) at both the BU and Regional level
- Loads and/or unloads various products and materials used in the day-to-day operations of the company
- Stocks materials in proper locations and follows up on shortages and damages to products.
- Reviews stock requests for proper authorization, part numbers and correct descriptions
- Reports problems found with stock requests to Warehouse leadership
- Fills and issues orders to appropriate personnel within required timeframes
- Enters all receiving records into the PeopleSoft inventory system
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory at all times by reporting shortages to Inventory Specialist and Warehouse Supervisor
- Assists in preparing and reconciling monthly cycle counts
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly and yearly physical inventories
- Audit, batches and key punches completed material stock requisitions (MSR) into the PeopleSoft inventory system (coordinated with Technicians and Tech Supervisors) Day to day CPE operations as directed by warehouse lead or supervisor to include receiving, clean and screen, staging, testing and tech/contractor CPE issue.
- Responsible for assuring all tech receipts for new and returned equipment are accurate and signed by both the technician and warehouse according to audit and filed in accordance with records retention.
- Provides Inventory Specialist with all receipts for “missing” equipment
- Assists weekly tech CPE reconciliation and monthly inventory
- Troubleshoots converters, modems & remote controls
- Performs quality control and diagnostic evaluations of converters and modems
- Scrutinizes malfunctioning units to determine if trouble is software or hardware related
- If software related, takes appropriate steps to reload resident software
- Performs cosmetic repairs to ensure presentable equipment
- Sorts, cleans and bags processed converters, modems and remote controls
- Process equipment for warranty repair
- Process equipment on testing racks
- Records all completed work daily
- Maintains a high level of testing accuracy while also maintaining a satisfactory production rate
- Responsible for operating the Promptlink modem tester board
- Responsible for pre issuing all CPE for technicians in a timely manner based on delivery date
- To include reviewing stock levels of current CPE per tech prior to pre issue to help maintain a 30 day rotation of stock and to issue equipment based on recommended standard issue
- Works with Inventory Specialist to insure all transfers are handled properly
- Responsible for processing equipment returns from techs, counters and contractors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Evaluates material problems and coordinates any follow-up with the Engineering department or vendor
- Work to actively address excess and obsolete and other non-deployable material issues with corrective action programs
- When applicable, checks in field personnel equipment returns
- Responsible for maintaining the warehouse area in a neat, orderly and inventoried manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must possess strong customer service skills and a commitment toward internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Requires ability to operate PeopleSoft, ICOMS and DOS PC computer, consisting of Windows and Excel software (could include Mintek and SETS)
- Must possess strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to meet and communicate with all levels of employees
- Knowledge of CATV parts and equipment is helpful
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- A proficient licensed forklift operator is preferred
- Must be able to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new and existing parts and products offered by the company
- Basic data entry and basic typing skills required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced high stress environment
- Must have or be able to develop a complete understanding of the People Soft inventory system
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Two year’s experience in the materials handling environment is desired
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct
Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times
Finally, Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services (in specified areas).
FCC Unit_TWC: 0589
Controlling Establishment ID: 00019 - Charlotte Arrowood
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...