Arcata Associates, Inc. has a job opportunity for a Warehouse Specialist at the NASA Dryden Flight Research Center (DFRC) at Edwards Air Force Base, California. Edwards AFB is situated in Southern California’s Antelope Valley where abundant open space, excellent weather, and endless blue skies are the perfect setting for conducting NASA's atmospheric research and operations. Both the US Air Force and NASA have tested some of our nation’s most inventive and cutting-edge air vehicles in the infinitely clear skies above Edwards Air Force Base.
Arcata employees who work at the DFRC have a variety of options when it comes to deciding where to reside: The scenic mountain communities of Tehachapi and Stallion Springs, the lively cities of Lancaster and Palmdale, and the smaller, quiet communities of North Edwards, California City, and Rosamond. Edwards is centrally located with attractions like Disneyland, Universal Studios, Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach, Lake Isabella, Lake Hughes, Mountain High and Big Bear Ski Resorts within reasonable driving distance.
About Arcata Associates:
Arcata Associates provides innovative IT solutions, engineering services, program/acquisition services, and Multimedia support to Government agencies and commercial companies. From supporting America's ventures into space, to the flight lines and front lines of the U.S. military, Arcata Associates proudly plays a key role in mission critical success every day. Our greatest strength is our people, and our commitment to excellence is evident in our achievements:
2011 and 2008 NASA Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award; 2011, 2010, 2008 NASA Dryden Flight Research Center Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award; 2010 Chubb Safety Award; James S. Cogswell National Industrial Security Award (1997 and 2008); 2008 NASA Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award; 2009 Las Vegas Review-Journal / Las Vegas Business Press Best Place to Work List.
Arcata Associates offers a rewarding, high-energy work environment that provides employees with opportunities for growth and development. The work is challenging and allows employees to play vital roles in exciting projects and missions that impact the business.
We offer a full complement of benefits to employees under our cafeteria plan. These include medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and their eligible dependents and domestic partners, life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and in some locations short and long term disability. Where allowed by law, payroll deductions for these benefits are taken as a pre-tax deduction from the employee's compensation.
In addition, Arcata offers a qualified 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, education assistance, and a Paid Absence Allowance policy that includes paid leave for vacations, holidays, illness/injury, personal business, bereavement, jury duty and military leave.
About this opportunity:
The Warehouse Specialist position maintains spare parts, supplies and equipment required to support the operation and maintenance of the Research Facility & Engineering Support Services (RF&ESS) warehouse facility; coordinates the forward staging of material to support RF&ESS build-up activities, tracks schedules and coordinates the movement of material, furniture and equipment.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of, and practical experience with:
- Identify tag, prepare and properly disposes of excess contractor and NASA property according to established guidelines and procedures. Store, stack or palletize materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods. Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials, furniture and equipment. Examine stored materials, furniture and equipment and report deterioration and damage.
- Operate a forklift truck to move materials, furniture and equipment in a warehouse and outdoor setting.
- Review, evaluate and ensure compliance with all Federal and NASA regulations and directives affecting property accountability and disposition.
- Perform equipment custodian duties. Maintain all property control records through daily computer update.
- Conduct physical inventories. Research and/or resolve inventory discrepancies. Maintain integrity of historical databases to document Contractor control and property management of Government Property.
- Maintain inventory accountability of all government-furnished equipment (GFE) assigned to the RF&ESS Contract.
- Inspect facility storage of spare equipment to ensure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements.
- Update and maintain internal database accountability records for property control.
- Prepare items for shipment and ensures that all required documentation is completed.
- Perform receiving duties for all items/orders received to include preparing all required documentation and updating orders to show received in the procurement system.
- Manage Arcata’s GSA leased vehicles to include obtaining routine and non-routine maintenance. Must also report mileage to GSA on a monthly basis.
- Understand how the MICS system works for generating PRs and address any questions from the end users. Also, assist in testing as new revisions of MICS are released.
The Warehouse Specialist position requires :
- Intermediate-level computer knowledge to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access, and Excel; shipping and receiving processes and procedures.
- Perform certain physical tasks necessary to perform work in a warehouse operation such as moderate lifting and moderate carrying; operate standard transmission vehicles; operate oversized vehicles; maintain accurate documentation
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form; effectively organize and prioritize workloads; establish and maintain successful work relationships with those contacted in the performance of this position.
Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- High School Graduate or High School Equivalency and a minimum of two years related work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current fork lift driver’s certification and USAF flight line driver’s license.
Arcata Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports a drug free environment.