This position is responsible for selecting product and loading trucks (i.e., moving product between the loading dock and the warehouse and moving product within the warehouse) with a high degree of accuracy and great sense of urgency while meeting standards within McLane established guidelines.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Review documents and record information verifying quantity, identity, availability and condition of product.
- Drive and operate the reach truck, pallet jack and fork truck to select, pull, sort, and stack product within the warehouse and dock.
- Work any shift including weekends.
- Hand stack product on occasion when off balance or in the wrong location.
- Shrink-wrap and label outgoing orders and remove shrink wrap from incoming orders.
- Meet this position's physical demands.
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have minimum (1) year of warehouse selecting experience including operation of reach truck, pallet jack & forklift is desired
- Be able to apply understanding of problems involving some variables.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and excellent time management skills.
- Be able to deliver customer satisfaction within McLane guidelines.
- Independent discretion/judgment, but work well in a team environment as well.
The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center including cooler, freezer and dry side of warehouse.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...