TASC is looking for a Navy Logistician in Virginia Beach. This is not an entry level position. The qualified candidate will perform shipping and receiving functions in a Navy staging facility. The individual must have the physical ability to lift and carry objects weighing fifty (50) pounds, move large, heavy objects with pallet jacks, operate forklifts, operate large trucks, use pallet jacks and other lifting/moving equipment in a restricted environment. . He/She will be required to enter data into government and company databases, create hard and soft copy reports, purchase materials and equipment using company procedures. The candidate will be required to work and learn procedures with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Possess a working understanding of Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) procedures as they apply to receiving, stocking and issuing equipment
- Be familiar with Navy hardware nomenclature
- Operate trucks, forklifts and common warehouse equipment
- Locate, pack and ship equipment
- Receive, record and place equipment into stock
- Assemble, disassemble crates and boxes
- Work at heights of 18 to 20 feet on fixed structures and rolling ladders.
- Utilize MicroSoft Office programs
- Inventory and record materials
- Respond to customer requirements in a timely manner
- Interface with multiple customers under, sometimes, stressful situations
- Be available 24 hours per day, seven days a week for emergency requests.
- Respond to alarm notices at the Staging Facility
- Maintain certification for hazardous materials shipping
- Maintain certification for CPR
- Minor housekeeping
TASC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Minimum of five years of US Navy logistics experience is required, preferably in support of US Navy radar systems
- Demonstrated ability to complete and process Navy forms commonly used in a warehousing environment. Examples are: DD1149, DD1348
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation, including credit check and drug test
- Secret Security Clearance is required
- Education: High School or equivalent
TASC - 10 months ago
Founded in 1966, TASC, Inc., helps solve complex national security and public safety challenges by providing advanced systems engineering,...