Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures.
Understands unit of measure.
Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
Communicates shortages of merchandise through proper channels to ensure accurate billing.
Receives, stocks, and re-warehouses merchandise on a daily basis as requested by immediate supervisors.
Understands warehouse locator system.
Prepares product for shipment to include packaging for safe shipping, plus labeling and marking.
Uses tape rope sealing equipment and shrink film.
Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies as well as established housekeeping standards.
Performs equipment safety review.
Reports any violations or hazards to management immediately.
Operates assigned warehouse equipment in performing the functions of the job.
Participates in annual inventory.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience
- Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
- One to two years previous warehouse experience in distribution environment desirable
- Experience operating distribution warehouse material handling equipment (see below)
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail; accurate and thorough
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, stressful sales environment
- Excellent customer service skills (with will call customers, other company departments, etc.)
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Team worker willing to do what it takes to get the job done
Unisource Worldwide Inc. - 16 months ago