The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible to manage all supply chain activities, including but not limited to the development of programs and practices to enable Able Planet to distribute products directly to its distributors and resellers, implement just in time inventory practices among our manufacturers, direct sales and authorized distributors; and provide a means to establish direct feed (EDI or other methods) between Able Planet and its resellers and/or distributors.
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities
Operations / Facilities
Manages and oversees overall supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of materials as well as selection of vendors. Makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Coordinates and resolves issues regarding existing and new products. Interacts with customers to ensure that all requirements are being met. Requires 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Oversee all warehouse operations
- Negotiate shipping/receiving programs
- Equipment, maintenance and supply vendor management
- Safety plan and related training requirements for warehouse staff
- Create and maintain standardized procedures and guidelines
Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training warehouse employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems with staff under their supervision.
- Develop and manage Materials Planning function for goods and materials
- Create integrated processes among Operation, Purchasing, Logistics, and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process
- Maintain inventory log for all Distribution Centers
- Control inventory and maintain proper inventory reports and levels in main warehouse and present weekly to staff
- Manage and supervise staff to ensure products are shipped and received properly
- Pack and ship product to distribution channels on daily basis including generating address labels and shipping instruction
- Coordinate pick up and delivery with trucking companies and other courier services
Able Planet - 23 months ago