Primary Purpose of the Job:
Hands on position, reporting directly to the Warehouse Manager and working closely with warehouse supervision to ensure all warehouse processes and procedures are maintained. Including but not limited to; product receiving, storage and distribution; Food Bank drivers; pest control and sanitation; repacking; inventory control; product & equipment safekeeping; and recycling programs. This position will also be responsible for the daily operations, including the opening and closing of Food Bank warehouse.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with all Food Bank staff, Volunteers, Outside Donors, Vendors and Guests;
- Oversee the implementation of warehouse operating procedures while ensuring safe working environment in full compliance with OSHA, Feeding America and Department of Agriculture guidelines;
- Responsible for proper warehouse receiving, storage and distribution, accurate handling of supporting documentation assuring compliance with internal control procedures;
- Maintain a good working knowledge of warehouse processes and procedures;
- Ensure that procedures and controls are in place to secure warehouse product against theft or usage without Vice President authorization;
- The ability to work in a freezer environment; (Below 0 degrees)
- Flexible to schedule change (hours and/or days) when necessary to fit the needs of the operation;
- Responsible for the daily opening and closing of warehouse; dispatching outbound trucks and drivers; receiving inbound deliveries, managing the daily product selection; loading trucks;
- Responsible for pest control and sanitation, while assuring Feeding America, AIB and other regulatory policies and guidelines are followed with required documentation completed;
- Oversee recycling program and sale of cardboard and pallets;
- Develop and maintain productivity levels;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree a plus, but not required with extensive experience;
- Three years of supervisory experience;
- Computer knowledge and experience necessary; experience working with computer inventory programs a plus;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of warehouse bar coding and RF technology;
- Complete Food Safety Certification within 12 months of starting in the position.