The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving finished goods while maintaining inventory accuracy and associated records. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including: Filling and shipping customer orders, satisfying internal shipping requirements, ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving goods/items from production, packaging assemblies and receiving into finished goods, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of the department activities.
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by customer commitments, production schedules and work flow.
- Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers.
- Education & Experience: BS/BA degree and three to five years of relevant warehouse experience (including 2+ years of previous supervisory experience), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make calculations such as freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; occasional twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; lifting of 20-40 pounds, occasional climbing of ladders; usage of pallet jacks.
- Experience with lean methodologies.
- Forklift certification.
- APICS/CPIM certification is a plus
Fox Racing Shox - 9 months ago
Compass Diversified Holdings helps niche companies navigate their way toward profitability. The holding company owns controlling stakes in...