Education and Experience:
• 5 years of supervisory experience in Warehouse/Distribution, Manufacturing Assembly, or Production environment.
• High school diploma is required.
• College degree is preferred.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both English and Spanish is preferred.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
• Strong multitasking and time management skills. Comfortable working on several tasks simultaneously.
• Comfortable dealing with customer contacts, Insource supervisors, associates and management team.
• Strong computer experience using spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
• Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
• Ability to train new employees and develop team work within new work cells. Strong team player.
• Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
• Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
• Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
The Supervisor acts as a liaison between the client and the staff who work at their location. The primary responsibilities of the Supervisor is to relieve the client supervisors of their labor related administrative duties pertaining to the staff ensuring a smooth relationship and a performance driven workforce. Additionally the Supervisor is to be the driving force behind achieving the stated performance standards, quality standards, safety standards and other objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a performance based shift to maximize productivity while maintaining quality according to all site specific standards
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities including orientations; training, disciplining, directing work; assessing work performance, coaching, developing and motivating team members
• Regularly review site specific policies, procedures, safety documents, and training materials and revise as necessary.
• Make prompt management decisions on personnel and employee relation issues.
• Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
• Monitor attendance, safety, productivity, and quality of Performance Associates.
• Report and investigate all workplace injuries in compliance with company policy.
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with all facets of the client.
• Staff client personnel requests and recruit as necessary.
• Conduct new hire orientations - policies, procedures, safety, job shadowing and ensure its effective delivery. Review regularly and revise as necessary.
• Troubleshoot client management workforce concerns.
• Be primary communication contact with Performance Associates, client, and Insource management.
• Adhere to confidentiality policies and ensure confidentiality of employees' records.
• Generate weekly payroll for performance associates at respective location.
• Complete and submit all reports, forms and requests timely and accurately, including daily performance and attendance updates.
• Comply and conform to company operating procedures manual.
• Assure adequate and visible on-floor presence.