• Plans and coordinates work activities of warehouse functions,
including order filling, stock replenishment, loading of delivery
trucks, and security.
• Develops and implements specific objectives and performance
measures for each functional area and individual to improve
• Interprets, understands, and acts on individual and collective
performance and quality data.
• Involved in the selection and hiring of new warehouse associates;
evaluates associate performance; develops and implements action plans
for improving associate performance.
• Ensures that all warehouse associates receive proper training and
• Maintains and manages logistics scorecards by associate for shift;
ensures that scorecards are fair and equitable.
• Ensures regular and productive meetings to improve warehouse
performance including daily pre-shift meetings.
• Makes recommendations for and implements improvements in
efficiency and effectiveness of warehouse processes and procedures.
• Oversees the order picking process, the preparation and loading of
xpedx delivery trucks, and accurate and complete paperwork in
conformance with company procedures and customer instructions.
• Maintains and controls the physical condition and housekeeping of
the warehouse and supplies, security, facilities, grounds, etc.
• Ensures compliance with company and government policies and
regulations (e.g., Safety, OSHA, HazMat, DOT).
• Implements company policies and procedures according to company
guidelines for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Is knowledgeable of safe work practices, policies and procedures
and performs all duties in a safe manner. Supports division safety
committee with the objective of an accident free work place. Ensures
regular safety meetings are conducted; completes and reviews safety
incident reports as necessary; recommends changes to assist in
maintaining a safe working environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Some college or equivalent work experience required.
• A thorough understanding of warehouse outbound practices and
operations within a distribution setting, as well as government
regulations (e.g., DOT, OSHA, HazMat, etc.).
• 3+ years supervisory/management experience preferable in warehouse
operations. Ability to motivate and develop direct reports.
• MAX, IRIS, and PC proficient in Windows based software programs.
Ability to develop proficiency with company computer system is
• Red Prairie experience is a plus.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, including but not
limited to performance management (associate evaluations, discipline,
corrective action, coaching) and interviewing are required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Strong planning, organization and customer relations skills are
High School General Studies
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....