equipment, and property. Includes understanding and complying with
- Safety: reinforce programs to ensure safety of all personnel,
OSHA, DOT, EPA and other government regulations. Provide safety
training to personnel monthly or as needed. Report all work related
injuries and near misses. Responsible for conducting accident
investigations as they pertain to the warehouse operations.
prescribed cost and service standards. Maintain space layout plan to
- Warehouse Operation: develop a space utilization plan to meet
ensure it continues to meet company standards. Maintain an effective
product location system and update as necessary.
program that meets customer needs. Work to coninually improve outbound
- Transportation: work with routing team to develop efficient delivery
customer orders to ensure they are meeting company standards for
customer service, cost and security.
on building, warehouse equipment as needed. Develop procedures to ensure
- Maintenance of Facility and Equipment: schedule routine maintenance
the efficient operation and utilization of all warehouse equipment.
Monitor cleanliness and working condition of all equipment (forklifts,
order pickers, etc.) and oversee adjustments and/or repairs as
necessary. Plan the quantity and type of equipment to meet business
needs and minimize costs. Ensure compliance with company policies and
Operating Performance Measures (OPM): develop and direct programs to
- Achieving Handling Functions within established Financial Budgets and
ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the
facility. Plan and schedule all distribution services including
receiving, storing, shipping, and handling returned/damaged goods, to
ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner. Ensure
accurate inventory control of each product in the distribution center.
Maintain picking error measurement and programs to improve accuracy.
Oversee and maintain an extensive cycle count program.
personnel to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a
- Staffing and Employee Development: directs operations of warehouse
productive work team by utilizing programs for hiring, training, and
professional development to match skills and background of personnel to
the work required. Apply sound communication and motivational
techniques, utilizing programs to supervise, counsel, and discipline
subordinates. Comply with consistent performance monitoring system for
recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations.
and courteous relationship with all sales, management, customer service,
- Meeting and Exceeding Customer Expectations: maintain a professional
office personnel, and customers. Audit operations to ensure customer
service standards are being met. Promote a positive teamwork environment
between departments and among employees.
setting, as well as government regulations (e.g., DOT, OSHA, HazMat,
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- A thorough understanding of warehouse operations within a distribution
etc.). Preferably from a large, national or decentralized organization.
Ability to motivate and develop direct reports, as well as size up new
- 5+ years of successful supervisory/management experience is required.
mid-range and mainframe operational systems is helpful.
- PC proficient in Windows based software programs. Familiarity with
- Excellent leadership, customer relations and interpersonal skills are
pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment.
- Ability to motivate team, manage multiple projects, work under
- Excellent verbal, written, people, and diplomacy skills are required.
- Strong planning and organization skills are required.
International Paper - 17 months ago
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....