This position will be responsible for supporting the Distribution department in all aspects of freight, shipping, inventory control, safety and training compliance, and associate development. Works closely with other departments to ensure quality, pricing and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Mentor employees to achieve overall performance goals (Safety, Housekeeping, Accuracy, and Productivity).
- Monitoring and maintaining employee performance by assisting employees with making improvements to their abilities through coaching and mentoring.
- Maintain departmental and employee disciplines by supporting and implementing policies and procedures.
- Improve working conditions and processes (safety, quality, productivity, and cost) including supporting and directing employees to participate in company’s improvement programs.
- Facilitate employee training through safety training and daily team meetings to ensure employees are educated on departmental issues and aware of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Maintain departmental equipment to ensure proper and safe operations.
- Improve accuracy of finished goods inventory and customer shipments to minimize inventory variance.
- Improve organization and utilization of finished goods warehouse and outside storage space.
- Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to optimize productivity.
- Optimize freight utilization by working inter departmentally with customer service, engineering, corporate logistics.
- Will have accountability and ownership of service level performance
- Ability to efficiently use and operate ERP/warehouse management
Joerns Healthcare Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job related criteria.
- 2-5 years of warehouse, distribution, or logistics experience in a proven successful supervisory role.
- An Associates Degree is required, with Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Prefer previous experience in union environment, as well as previous experience with Radio Frequency (bar-coding) equipment.
- SAP experience required