The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations/Warehouse Manager or Distribution Center Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Problem Solving/Decision Making Skills:
- Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
- Orderly stacking of product.
- Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality and productivity.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage and errors.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain product locator system, and maintain high levels of inventory accuracy.
- Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Rotate product as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
- Adhere to Kuehne + Nagel’s Quality, Safety, Health and Environment Program polices and procedures.
- Manpower analytical skills – daily and weekly staff planning and scheduling to make sure that each task has adequate resources.
- Conflict resolutions – responsible for resolving customer shipping and receiving issues.
- Analyze reports to ensure profitability of customer account.
- High School or Technical degree.
- College degree in Business Discipline or equivalent experience in business field highly desired.
- Must have three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role.
- Experience with Industry recognized Continuous Improvement/Lean programs (Six Sigma)
- Experience in food-grade warehousing highly desired.
- Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment.
- Proficiency in planning, staffing, and budgeting.
- Develop effective relationships and provide leadership.
- Successful communication - written and verbal.
- Establish priorities and multi-task.
- Possess professional business demeanor.
Kuehne & Nagel Logistics - 13 months ago