Directs and coordinates warehouse operations, including loading operations and material handling activities (processing, packaging, and storage of supplies, materials, and equipment). Prepares schedules for shipping and receiving materials, to control flow of goods, and regulate warehouse space. Develops and reviews work schedules and policies/procedures of the warehouse. Supervises warehouse employees, facilitates reporting related to performance, and ensures that whole team abides by all safety, quality, and compliance standards. Leads and executes plant initiatives and objectives, empowers team members to participate in supporting activities, and drives Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) tools in all aspects of warehouse operations. Oversees incoming materials, inspects for obvious damage, and guarantees that damaged materials are processed for return and/or credit.
- Manages work schedules (vacation, holidays) and payroll for hourly employees.
- Responsible for developing, communicating, and enforcing compliance of the department’s goals and policies/procedures to the warehouse employees, in order to meet Nestlé performance and quality standards.
- Fosters a team environment by managing employee relations, and clearly defines and communicates to employees their impact on individual and team performance.
- Manages and delegates assignments to optimize labor effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provides coaching, training, and development to keep up with and exceed organizational goals.
- Holds effective weekly team meetings.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of quality systems and programs.
- Coordinates manpower and equipment with the demands of material handling and warehousing operations.
- Responsible for
assisting the Warehouse Manager with the budget planning process.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of all shipping and receiving processes.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) from all aspects of the organization, and ensures all team members understand and follow them.
- Keeps warehouse clean and orderly.
- Ensures accurate and timely submission into all related systems (SAP, SWOP, IMREX, KRONOS, etc.).
SAFETY, HEALTH, & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Sustains a safe, clean working environment at all times, including maintaining all equipment in good working condition.
- Ensures all employees know the safety risks associated with the job, and that they have the required level of safety training to perform job.
- Complies with all safety & environmental practices, and reports all incidents immediately.
- Ensures Warehouse employees follow all Safety requirements as it pertains to materials moving equipment (e.g. daily inspections of forklifts, seat belts used at all times, no speeding, observe pedestrian right-of-way, etc.)
- Complies with all FDA/USDA rules, procedures, and work practices.
- Escalates and reports all quality and food safety findings or incidents.
NESTLÉ CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
- Promotes the identification of quality improvement and cost-reduction efforts.
- Supports and aligns NCE initiatives by involving the team in developing goals.
Other duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management, Logistics/Transportation, or related field, preferred (or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience).
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- 3-5 years experience in warehousing, logistics, or operations.
- Minimum of at least 3 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Exposure to GMP’s and familiarity with automated palletizing equipment, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
- Must have a working knowledge of MRP system and inventory control processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of shipping & receiving procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of labor standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven planning and organizing skills, leadership, teamwork, and influencing or collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for food safety.
- Proficient in computer systems, personal computers, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and mainframe system with custom applications.
- Proficient in SAP/GLOBE systems is preferred.
- Proactive Cooperation: works collaboratively with others, demonstrates commitment to achieve group objectives, understands the needs and goals of others, and adapts one
's view and behaviors when appropriate.
- Results-Focused: demonstrates constant preoccupation with reaching results, sets precise and challenging objectives for themselves and finds the means of achieving them, and tries to do things differently to significantly improve efficiency, quality, or productivity.
- Service Orientation: seeks to improve understanding of other functions needs, focuses on long-term future relationships, and spends time with the service providers to get a better understanding of their needs.
- Insight: identifies and educates others of potential impacts of a problem on all relevant areas of the operation, suggests a new model or conceptual framework to explain a given issue or situation, thinks laterally to identify new opportunities, challenges existing patterns of working, and gives a clear and useful explanation around ideas, questions, or facts.
Nestle USA - 7 months ago
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...