Position Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Location: Omak, WA
FLSA code: Exempt
The Warehouse Supervisor owns the responsibility for all Warehouse functions from receiving through storage, through finished goods storage and shipment: ensuring accuracy and timeliness of shipments: providing insight and reporting on warehouse operations as required by Management. The Warehouse Supervisor is the leader in developing/executing problem solving solutions in the warehouse, and creation of a strong team and co-operative environment.
- Is responsible for the day to day direction, coordination, and evaluation of warehouse team. Document and discuss performance reviews on a timely manner . Supervises employees to ensure safety, quality and productivity.
- Equipment safety – Yard Truck and Forklift maintenance and driver training records maintained.
- Achieves departmental budgets.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve productivity to maximize efficiency of the warehouse. Recommendations on staffing and suggested staff actions as necessary.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe warehouse.
- Member of “Lean” steering committee, and champion of continuous improvement.
- Weekly updates to customer service regarding status of shipments
Perform accident investigations.
- Time card sign-off for warehouse, track absenteeism, with zero OT objective.
- Responsible for Oracle implementation and daily measurable.
- Works in association with Warehouse Lead to direct activities of warehouse team and materials handlers, through meetings, training and coaching sessions.
- Responsible for the daily review of shipping & receiving documents within the Code.
- Ensure shipping & receiving activities occur in a timely manner each day.
- Participate as a member of the Supervisors and leadership team of the facility.
- Ensures accurate stock rotation using FIFO principles and all other quality programs.
- Ensures Warehouse and Warehouse Systems are maintained in an “Audit Ready” ststus.
- Work with the Management Team and all departments to ensure continuous flow of materials through the facility and minimized inventory levels. (Promotes positive working relationship with all other departments).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years experience in a warehouse environment, or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office software, and be proficient with MS Excel software.
- Language : Bi-Lingual Spanish.
- Systems: LEAN Manufacturing
SunOpta Inc. - 21 months ago
SunOpta is a leading global company with a focus on natural, organic and specialty foods. We specialize in the sourcing, processing and...