We Have Something Special Inside, Do You?
• Are you a problem solver?
• Are you an agent of change?
• Do you want to use your brain, share your ideas and make decisions?
• Are you ready to help make the world healthier?
• Are you our next newest Danoner?
If you answered yes to the above questions, apply now to join our team. We are growing fast and need you on our team! We need you to run faster and bring better ideas than the ones we have today. We need you to bring unique solutions to our challenging problems.
In this role you will be accountable for:
As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of warehouse operations. You will provide daily direction, leadership, training/development and support to approximately 15 direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments and continuous improvement initiatives to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills. Additionally you will manage employee payroll, scheduling, labor issues, overtime, and performance management. You will be responsible for knowing and communicating the area results, gaps, open actions, key operational targets, standard’s and continuously driving improvement in these areas. Manage and report area performance, budget accountability for your unit, and manage communications for your area. You will also be responsible for monitoring and delivering safety, sustainability, productivity, efficiency, customer service, cost, quality, and customer service objectives through both individual and team contributions. You will take ownership of proper inventory and material inventories to meet deployment and customer service needs. You will ensure product, warehouse handling and shipping quality is within conformance standards.
Our business cycle is extremely fast, and we want to keep it that way. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Dannon, and we are always learning. If you like finding solutions and have knowledge to share, then join our team!
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-3 years business/related experience in a manufacturing (dairy, chemistry, food, pharmacy).
• Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills— the ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
• Ability to maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
• Experience implementing and leading within a lean based environment.
• Detail-oriented, organized, innovative, and possess ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining control, focus and professionalism in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• The ability to serve as a change agent who is able to “make it happen” while building positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect.
• Established people and self management skills. Must bring leadership, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills required to interact with various levels of plant personnel and influence others, build teams and manage conflict.
• Strong PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Lotus Notes).
• The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 6-day per week, 24-hour per day production facilities. Work schedules could include nights, weekend or holiday shifts.
Nice to have:
• Previous people management experience in a unionized factory environment.
• Dairy Industry Experience (Food and Beverage).
• Material Handling Equipment (MHE) experience and technical understanding.
• Knowledge and transactional expertise of SAP (R3).
The DANNON Company, one of the fastest growing consumer product companies in the US, is part of Groupe Danone, a world leader in the food and beverage industry. Established in the US in 1942, DANNON is America’s premier fresh dairy company offering consumers a wide variety of brands and products. We are committed to bringing health to the greatest number of people across America through our product’s benefits. Our corporate culture and core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and teamwork. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our products, our way of doing business and our relationships with the wider world. Most of all you can see it reflected in our culture and our people. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Stay updated with our latest job opportunities: Follow us on Facebook, http://on.fb.me/dannon-jobs
The Dannon Company is an equal opportunity employer.