Incumbent supervises distribution center personnel while maintaining a safe work environment. Incumbent also performs daily operations assuring efficient product flow, monitors daily performance of associates, manages quality improvement, and is responsible for following company policy and procedures and ensuring each associate is aware of the policies.
- Manages and controls associates and workflow within the departments and with the other members of the RDC leadership team.
- Monitors employee performance and maintains work rules to ensure a high level of service to our Retailers and works directly with associates to establish and foster strong working relationships to support and enhance work performance.
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work completion within the department while making certain a safe work environment is provided.
- Explores and implements changes in their area of responsibility that will continuously improve/enhance performance.
- Involved with employee training and development, job requirements and safety requirements.
- Develops and fosters an atmosphere of high employee morale through an active, fair, and consistent implementation of policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in the logistics industry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Proven leadership in a comparable environment
- Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills are a must!
- PC skills including proficiency in use of MS Access, Word & Excel. Experience with WMS systems a plus.
To survive against home improvement giants such as The Home Depot and Lowe's, True Value (formerly TruServ) is relying on the true...