We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
A. POSITION SUMMARY:
Manages material and parts inventory and status information to ensure adequate inventory available to accommodate production levels.
B. MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates with operations to provide needed equipment for existing operations and new start-ups
• Reads production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority.
• Confers with department supervisors to determine overdue material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
• Directs Warehouse personnel to expedite transfer of materials from stock area to production areas.
• Examines material received, verifies parts numbers, and checks discrepancies such as damaged or unmarked parts.
• Compares work ticket specifications to material used at work stations to verify appropriate assignment.
• Responsible for the management of inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
• Performs related duties as assigned by supervision
C. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Supervisor Title: Operations Manager
No. of Subordinates: 2-6
Subordinate Title(s): Warehouse Technicians
Internal Contacts: Asset Fleet Safety Manager, Operations Manager, Installation Supervisors & Techs
External Contacts: Vendors; customers
D. MINIMUM/PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Experience: 2 – 3 yrs supervisory experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Proficient PC Skills including Microsoft Office & Excel
E. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
• Warehouse environment
• Loud noise level at times
• Lifting up to 75 lbs required
Vitel Communications LLC - 14 months ago