Job Duties Include: A Warehouse Supervisor ensures safe and appropriate delivery of pharmacy products and medical equipment to WAG customers; ensures that the delivery services are in compliance with the state’s professional standards, and other regulatory entities. Assists with the purchasing and receipt of products and equipment for the operation. Conducts timely performance evaluations of the subordinate staff; sets clear and measurable performance goals; The Warehouse Supervisor assists with the packing and timely delivery of products and services to Walgreens patients. The Warehouse Supervisor uses discretion and independent judgment to assist with the purchasing and receipt of products and equipment for the operation. The Warehouse Supervisor supervises the delivery technicians, assists with equipment tacking and maintenance and coordinates the shipping of product.
Coordinates and confirms the delivery of medical supplies to patients in a timely and cost-efficient manner, utilizing Walgreens delivery staff and outside couriers as needed. Manages daily activities of the warehouse so that they reflect a priority on the delivery of pharmaceutical products. Maintains the warehouse work area and receiving/shipping area in a professional and safe manner. Responsible for the training and supervision of all delivery technicians. Performs product purchasing, inventory and equipment management. Maintains a delivery log as required by Walgreens. Tracks and monitors number and cost of deliveries. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information. Adheres to appropriate safety and quality assurance practices. Complies with state and federal laws. Responsible for the appropriate maintenance of fleet vehicles according to manufacturer guidelines. May participate as a member of the facility management team. Participates in on-call responsibilities if required.
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of experience in purchasing, warehouse or delivery operations.
- At least 1 year of experience supervising warehouse and/or delivery operations.
- Prior experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Experience purchasing equipment and supplies.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc).
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Prior experience working in an infusion pharmacy or DME operation
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...