Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
This position is located in Sumner, WA and is an overnight shift, schedule is Tuesday-Friday 5pm - 5:30am. This person supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with receiving, storing, transporting, shipping, transloading and inventory of products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites work flow. Revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities and availability or capability of workers and equipment.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures. Distributes paperwork for product to be picked or processed. Answers questions regarding pick lists, bills of lading and bin replenishment.
- Advises employees on care of goods received, stored, and shipped; proper use of equipment; and related problems.
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety; maintains clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors and/or managers to determine timetable required to ensure product is shipped on a timely basis.
- Confers with supervisor and other department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on the timely shipping of customers' product. Confers with other department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities.
- Contacts carriers by phone in regards to pickup schedules, follow-ups.
- Coordinates the work flow required by staffing agency associates working in assigned area by checking them in and out at appropriate time, demonstrating to them what tasks have to be done and how they are to be accomplished. Monitors and evaluates individual work performance and makes recommendations to determine continued temporary work or consideration for employment by
Education and Experience :
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and five years related experience as a warehouse supervisor. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets and Warehouse/Yard Management Systems would be helpful.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 18 months ago