The Systems Analyst works with a team to design, build, implement, and support a portfolio of unique and effective applications and systems to support business needs and objectives.
- Independently performs ongoing application monitoring and identifies and escalates issues appropriately. Resolves moderately complex problems.
- Responds in a timely manner to production support calls and independently handles moderately complex issues. Looks to identify and solve root cause problems.
- Acquires knowledge of, creates and maintains Operations and System support documentation.
- Contributes to the development of application options and solutions to resolve a business need.
- Evaluates functional cases including application capability, complexity analysis, risks, and implementation dependencies.
- Creates functional specifications based on requirements for moderately complex applications. Identifies gaps between solution design and application capabilities.
- Ensures detailed technical requirements are captured from appropriate IS teams and identifies gaps between technical design and system/application capability.
- Guides vendor design work and ensures deliverables are of high quality. Attains level of proficiency to be able to perform moderate level of vendor design activities. Ensure that proposed system changes are supported by application vendor.
- Executes moderately complex configuration application changes to meet functional requirements.
- Develops moderately complex custom objects (queries, scripts, etc.) for applications under guidance.
- Contributes to data migration and data load planning for select applications.
TESTING & DEPLOYMENT
- Defines, creates, and executes accurate and complete system and unit test scripts for moderately complex projects. Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Support user testing cycle efforts through creation of data and user profiles.
- General knowledge of testing tools and methodologies.
- Deploys software changes conforming with company and team standards. Creates Change Requests with appropriate implementation, test and rollback plans for moderately complex changes.
- Able to apply minor and major vendor package and software tool upgrades and patches.
Bachelors degree & equivalent experience strongly preferred
- At least three years of experience in designing, configuring, implementing, and supporting information systems or applications.
- Demonstrated experience taking high level direction, developing a plan to achieve success, and working with a team to deliver results.
- Experience supporting production systems and applications, preferably in a retail, Real Estate or multi-site environment.
- Excellent understanding of SQL query language; ability to leverage SQL effectively to resolve a problem or retrieve information.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to interact at all levels of an organization effectively, both with IS and business personnel.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting workflow based applications
- Experience managing or working within multiple application environments for a multi-site enterprise, preferably on a Windows platform.
- Experience working within a Warehouse systems environment
- Experience working with common analytics tools, including Business Objects
- Experience supporting integrations with SAP with middleware applications
- Leverages verbal and written abilities to clearly convey messages in one on one or small group settings with peers and/or management.
- Participates in and contributes to productive and collaborative conversations even among parties that are dissimilar.
- Interprets other viewpoints and assimilates them into work processes. Identifies common themes, makes inferences and draws conclusions.
- Transfers technical or business knowledge to others. Develops own knowledge to gain support.
- Able to initiate and complete research and analysis needed to identify root cause of moderately complex system and/or application problems.
- Able to work cross-functionally with multiple business and IS parties in solving moderately complex problems.
- Able to distinguish technology problems from people or process problems. Recognizes limitations of existing techniques and tools and suggests alternative approaches.
BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL ACCUMEN
- Applies knowledge of applications to requirements and solution design/configuration.
- Understands how the business works; possesses some knowledgeable current and future practices, trends, and information affecting business functions.
- Applies own business, application, or industry knowledge to all phases of software development life cycle.
- Solid understanding of how computers, data networks, databases, operating systems, etc. work together, as well as their limitations.
- Applies technical knowledge in order to prepare for and participate in Architecture Reviews with other IT teams.
- General knowledge of enterprise strategies.
LEADERSHIP / TEAMWORK
- Able to clarify objectives and build consensus across teams with individuals at higher levels.
- Able to overcome moderate problems and issues on own. Identifies and engages others when needed to meet goals and solve problems.
- Have a positive impact on the morale, attitude, and dynamics within own team and other teams in which he or she interacts.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...