Title: Warehouse Finished Goods Team Lead - Partials
Dept: Supply Chain
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Position Summary: Provide work direction and supervision to Pacific Food’s staff involved in finished goods warehouse partial picking and processing operations. Includes the supervision of all warehouse employees and related activities. Oversee the picking, replenishment, and shipping activities of all finished goods and supplies related to partial pallet orders. Ensure completion of scheduled maintenance on forklifts and required housekeeping functions. Work closely with customer service regarding daily shipments.
• Supervise, direct, and plan workload for finished goods partial pallet personnel.
• Supervise and schedule maintenance on warehouse equipment as needed.
• Manage shipping schedule to meet customer’s ship dates for partials.
• Assign / perform cycle counts to meet weekly KPI requirements.
• Ensure all required paperwork is completed properly and completely.
• Ensure that all housekeeping schedules are met.
• Assist with the planning and completion of the annual physical inventory.
• Troubleshoot inventory, scanner, and other warehouse issues.
• Assist with capacity planning for off-site storage.
• Responsible for training forklift operators.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory responsibilities: Supervise Finished Goods Warehouse employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Strong technical knowledge in area of responsibility.
• Strong supervisory and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
• Strong computer skills, including skills in the application of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Mental activities require the continuous use of discretion, creativity, mentoring, independent judgment, decision making skills, perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide), teamwork, the need to read, write, speak and understand the English language, problem analysis skills, customer service, and exhibit training/supervision skills.
• Frequent need to use presentation/teaching skills.
• Physical activities require continuous standing, stopping, sitting, walking, talking, reaching, feeling, repetitive motions of hands/wrists, grasping, handling and hearing.
• Ability to push and pull up to 200 pounds and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
Minimum qualifications: The position requires a High School diploma or equivalent with some higher education specializing in warehouse operations. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain or related field preferred. Two to four years of previous warehouse management experience preferred.
Working conditions: Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The position is potentially subject to long hours, on-call status, substantial overtime, extensive close work, heavy lifting, the use of and exposure to hazardous materials, high voltage and constant standing. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
If interested, please apply directly to: http://www.pacificfoods.com/get-to-know-us/careers.
Pacific Natural Foods - 10 months ago