LEGACY Supply Chain Services, a leading distribution, technology, and integrated logistics provider has been recognized by Inbound Logistics as a Top 100 3PL Provider and by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America.
We are currently seeking operation Team Leads for our facility in Olive Branch, MS. These positions will assist the supervisor and manager in directing the activities of warehouse personnel involved in the receiving of various products into the facility, movements of product within the facility, the picking of orders, loading of product shipping out of the facility; and ensures that all policies and procedures are followed. The individual performing this job function is empowered with adequate authority to exercise the required duties and responsibilities of the position to insure that all work performed meets or exceeds LEGACY’s standards for safety, quality and productivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs all receiving, picking, packing, and shipping activities performed by warehouse employees; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees on the warehouse floor
• Maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy
• Assist operation managers in distributing workload to employees
• Identify production bottlenecks and take corrective actions
• Train new employees
• Works along with employees – Team Leaders are working leaders
• Be certified on equipment in their area
• Be able to restart, fix or correct any system or production stoppage
• Enforce safety standards
• Set the standard for production and quality
• Identify better ways to do the job
• Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
*** All duties and responsibilities are expected to be carried out in a manner consistent with company Core Values (LEGACY initiative) - Financial Stability, Customer Focus, Being the Best, Servant Leadership, Integrity, and Making a Difference.***
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability manage priorities and work flow
• Minimum of one year lead experience in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of shipping and receiving in a distribution setting
• Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Outlook and Word
• WMS system experience required
• Manhattan and Oracle preferred but not required
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Electric and hand jacks, forklift, CRT, RF scanner, computer and manuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures may be hot or cold and noise levels can be moderate to high.
All offers of employment are contingent upon passing a background investigation and drug screening.
TMSi Logistics - 18 months ago