Brief introduction to the job here
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Leading and developing co-workers within the area of responsibility and in accordance with IKEA co-worker idea.
- Responsible for the achievement of the goals determined by the Warehouse Manager.
- Responsible for increasing efficiency of DC operations (reduce cost, improve productivity).
- Analyze workload and assign manpower to maintain proper Service level requirements for all Retail Store services.
- Monitor co-workers performance with regard to compliance with documented warehouse standards.
- Ensure adherence to IKEA Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers in the organization,
- Support and execute the ideals of "The Human Resource Idea" with regard to recruitment, training, development and leadership of the Store Distribution function.
- Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
- K nowledge:
· 1-3 years working experience in related supervisory function (preferably in warehouse operations or service environment).
· Forklift, pallet jack, and reach truck experience.
· Ability to implement structural way of working within the area of responsibility.
· Proven knowledge of social and environmental issues related to warehousing activities.
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
· MS Office knowledge
Capabilities & Motivation:
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
- A general interest in people and motivation from coaching and developing co-workers
- Be a dynamic, action oriented leader and team member that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions.
- Ability to properly assign tasks to co-workers and motivate them.
- Ability to handle operational issues in a proper manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people.
- A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles
IKEA - 18 months ago
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...