Posting Job Title Warehouse Technician Requisition # 141686BR Posting Location College Point, NY, US Area of Interest Telecommunications
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description The Time Warner Cable East region currently seeks a Warehouse Technician for our Technical Operations Department in College Point, NY. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to maintain plant inventory in the system warehouse
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Orders, receives, and unloads, stores, transfers materials, and records, in the data base, the plant materials inventory, such as: tools converters, parts and equipment
- Places orders for inventory on the phone and in person or through purchase requisitions
- Upon receipt of order, enters and logs inventory on the computer data base of records receipt of order in the inventory logs
- Organizes and maintains orderly storage of materials in the warehouse. May lift 75 or more pounds to organize materials
- Conducts inventory audits, inputs monthly inventory usage. Issues materials to system field technicians and to contractors
- Drives company vehicle
- Recognizes and practices safety rules and procedures
- Wears safety apparel, which includes: hard hats, safety glasses, lifting belt where required and proper footwear. Inspects CPE equipment for damage and defects, maintains CPE production logs
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Must have a valid NYS driver's license
- Must be able to lift heavy material and equipment and may use a forklift
- Must have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of inventory control, familiarity and use of computers, and basic mathematics
- Ability to organize and track a large inventory
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct
Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times
Finally, Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services (in specified areas).
FCC Unit_TWC 8341 Controlling Establishment ID 00443 - College Point
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...