The Warehouse Technician is responsible for receiving, moving, storing, verifying, allocating, and dispensing packaging components and raw material within a warehouse environment. This is a second shift opportunity.
- Perform movement of work in process and finished goods.
- Ensure accuracy of all material dispensed to and returned from the production floor.
- Perform tasks related to receiving of material, including proper documentation, accountability, labeling, and data entry.
- Perform tasks related to shipment of finished goods, including preparation of documentation and verification of material.
- Maintain all documentation (receiving, warehouse, dispensing, and shipping) in a GDP/cGMP environment.
- Enter data into inventory tracking system.
- Perform physical inventory counting of all packaging components and raw materials on a cyclical basis.
- Ensure compliance with all written SOP’s and Work Instructions associated to Warehouse functions.
- Proper handling and transferring of Hazardous Waste to 90-Day Storage Area.
- Handling receipt of bulk chemicals (Methylene Chloride, nHeptane, and Ethanol) in a Tank Farm environment.
- Transferring and off-loading of hazardous solvent waste in the Tank Farm environment.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent training and experience. 0-3 years related warehouse experience.
- Solid math, reading, and written documentation skills. Demonstrate effective communication skills. Must be able to multi-task. Previous warehouse experience preferred. Previous forklift and warehouse equipment operation experience preferred. Previous JD Edwards system experience a plus. Prior experience maintaining documentation in a GDP/cGMP environment. Ability to work in a multi-task environment with changing priorities.
Ability to lift 40 pounds. Bending and handling boxes of varying shapes and sizes.
Frequently use a computer keyboard, PDA or other electronic devices.
Work in an environment of high level activity and noise. Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at volume levels consistent with interpersonal or group conversations. Ability to interpret the letters and numbers when viewed on a personal computer screen, PDA, reports and other documents.
Warehouse, Manufacturing and Office environment
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 17 months ago