Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) is one of the leading producers of polymers and high-performance plastics in North America and is part of the global Bayer MaterialScience business with nearly 14,700 employees at 30 sites around the world. Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, electrical and electronics, construction, medical, and sports and leisure industries.
Bayer†s corporate culture is an important factor in the company†s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement †Bayer: Science For A Better Life". Production We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
The main purpose of this position is responsible for the timely shipment and receipts of materials to customers and from vendors. In addition, position will support raw material movement and inventory controls.
- Responsible for all shipping and receiving functions at both the Silver Street & Salisbury Road facilities including the loading and unloading of trucks, associated SAP transactions, and scheduling of carriers as required;
- Physical and transactional material movements between facilities;
- Demonstrate and execute ownership of the warehouses, raw material storage, & regrind;
- Cycle Counting and overall management of bin locations and outbound areas;
- Maintain a clean, well-organized work environment;
- Support/cross-train on raw material staging and inventory counts & controls;
- Back up responsibilities for team members in their absence;
- Completes all other duties as assigned;
- Relates to people at all levels in the organization and possesses a balanced sensitivity to employee concerns and business needs;
- Elicits cooperation and influences others to drive business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Capable of working with all level of employees in the organization to complete tasks;
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and set priorities;
- I.T. competency with data base and windows driven office software;
- Valid driver & fork truck licenses;
- Ability to operate company box truck;
- Willingness to learn production processes to create optimal material plan;
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with software applications including: Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes & SAP;
- Possesses excellent communication and organization skills.
Bayerjobs.com - 15 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...