GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will create cut sheets in Acquire for core. Create sample bags for core that is cut. Ensure sample bags are created and available for RC holes. Maintaining inventory of “Standards”, used in QA/QC of shipments. Prepare/create dispatch reports in Acquire for sample shipments. Coordinate sample pick-up for both sides of the hill. Pull core, pulps, chips, etc as needed/as required. Responsible for database entry and database maintenance. Maintain and organize rejects. Responsible for ALL hand held-radio devices in exploration. Main contact for any outside assay laboratory to deal with QA/QC issues.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Proven Safety record required
- Able to use Microsoft Office products ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- Proficient in Acquire database software preferred
- Familiarity and understanding of surface and underground rotary and core drilling operations required
- Familiarity and understanding of exploration process and reporting requirements required
- Ability to work in a diverse team and fast paced work environment required
- Good Communication skills, problem solving skills, and computer skills required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job required
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...