As a Wingfoot Warehouse Technician you will be responsible for all aspects of receiving, shipping and controlling incoming and outgoing new and retreaded commercial tires, casings, wheels and other types of tire related products and materials for a Wingfoot Commercial Tire Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: - Receiving, shipping and controlling all incoming and outgoing merchandise.- Operating a forklift and related equipment to load and unload trucks and move material within the warehouse.- Reviewing shipments and advise management of shortages or damaged shipments.- Working with Service Manager and Office Manager on proper documentation of merchandise to control.- Maintaining warehouse area in a neat and organized manner.- Any other duties as required by management.- Compliance with OSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
This position typically operates in an indoor work environment, however exposure to heat is to be expected in the summer months.Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision.
- Some extended hours and/or work on Saturdays may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous warehouse, shipping, and receiving experience is strongly preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 14 months ago
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...