McCormick & Company, Incorporated , a global leader in flavor, is seeking a full time Warehouse Technician in its Spice Mill located in Hunt Valley, MD . With more than $3 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor ™!
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. McCormick’s benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacations.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Manager, the Warehouse Technician operates under a total task, team-based approach to contribute towards achieving the Warehouse department’s team goals. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Using forklift to unload trailers and move pallets to the appropriate warehouse or production area.
- Picking/prepping material for production lines. Removing finished or in-process material from production area.
- Using radio frequency terminal and performing related SAP transactions.
- Cleaning, preparing, and transporting totes and sieving drums.
- Disposing of used packaging material and seivings.
- Performing general warehousing duties such as stock rotation (FIFO) and maintaining orderly storage to maximize space utilization.
- Maintaining accurate and complete paperwork and record keeping.
- Taking inventory on a periodic basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Basic math, reading and writing skill required.
Minimum 1 year forklift experience required
Strong clerical and numerical skills as related to warehouse work required.
Ability to lift up to 100 lb. required.
Knowledge of weight controls preferred.
Experience using radio frequency terminal preferred.
Ability to work under limited supervision required.
Ability to work well with all levels of personnel required.
Ability to work overtime on short notice and weekends required.
Computer skills required.
Ability to work in an environment that is subject to temperature extremes, exposure to forklift fumes, spice dust and odors, noise and vibration required.
McCormick - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard