NewWave Communications, a growing company providing cable television, high speed internet, and digital telephone service, is seeking a Warehouse Technician for the Paris IL area.
Under direct supervision, responsible for maintaining secure inventory storage and control. Performs duties associated with storage, shipping and receiving of equipment and supplies. Control the physical flow of converters. Ensure an adequate working supply of converters are available for daily operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Maintain inventory in a secured place within the warehouse; adhere to inventory control procedures to assure safe storage of inventory and accurate inventory counts.
- Distribute and document supplies and equipment upon issuance of authorized requests; prepare inventory for shipments; document quantities shipped.
- Perform receiving function for all incoming inventory; compare paperwork to assure actual inventory received is consistent with packing slips; prepare receiving report.
- Repair, test and inspect all converters entering the department; receive new, repaired and used converters from suppliers and field personnel; inspect all converters received.
- Maintain inventory levels and order inventory and supplies as necessary.
- Issue converters to field personnel for installation and ship to suppliers for warranty work or repair.
- Prepare converters for customer by performing cosmetic repairs, cleaning, replacing decals and labels on converters.
- Assure warehouse and converter repair areas are neat and orderly at all times.
- Perform periodic physical inventory counts and maintain inventory reports.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company policies.
- Ability to apply company implemented safety procedures.
- Ability to bend and lift (materials) from floor level to a height of 6 ft. to place them on shelves/on and off vehicles/list other locations.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to implement simple record keeping procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position.
- Ability to operate forklift, pallet jack and other customary warehouse equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, billing software, etc.)
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers in the installation of cable to the residence and TV set converters.
- Ability to work in stationary position seated and standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
- Knowledge and ability to use the following office equipment: computer, telephone, copier, fax, calculator, stapler, and send and receive e-mail.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics.
- Knowledge of cable television products and services.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Valid drivers license with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Electronic training through Trade Schools, Correspondence or Community College or equivalent
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Warehouse or inventory control experience
Converter Technician work experience
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions.
- Exposure to fluctuating indoor temperatures.
- Exposure to periodic high noise levels.
This position includes a competitive salary, health insurance, vacation, sick pay, paid holidays, 401k and other benefits.
NewWave Communications - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard