This position is responsible for safely and accurately handling and recording materials from receipt through shipment. The position is also responsible for loading or unloading the correct item, lot and quantity of materials handled. Ensure all products are in acceptable condition before receiving or shipping. Additional responsibilities will include receiving, inspecting and sorting CHEP pallets. The position will be responsible for properly and accurately stacking finished good products onto CHEP pallets. Transactions will be accurately performed in SAP. Other responsibilities will include waste removal related functions throughout the facility as it pertains to trash compactors or open tops. The warehouse tech will also operate balers and store recycling materials.
Responsibilities and Duties
Principal Accountabilities (Ambient Warehouse)
- Active member of the Warehouse Team and supports the team culture of the Covington Plant through participation and leadership in Star Point.
- Ensure trailer inspection is complete on every inbound or outbound shipment.
- In SAP, receive and/or ship all materials verifying lot codes and quantities, checking BOL and packing list for completeness and discrepancies. Check SAP to ensure batch has been created if the material is batch managed.
- Monitor quality of ingredients and materials upon receipt, ensuring defective materials are noted and transferred to an isolated area.
- Alert quality, purchasing and warehouse supervisor of all defective materials received.
- Print and apply pallet flags to materials before storing.
- Ensure proper materials are supplied to the staging area at start up for each operation.
- Perform forklift inspection prior to each shift.
- Performs and assists with cycle counts.
- Participates in TPM team activities to include AM audits, 5S, OPL’s, Kaizan’s, star point meetings, F-tag’s. Completes PCS audits. Participate in annual SOP/WI review.
- Safely and efficiently operate a forklift or other material handling equipment, pallet inverter, or RF equipment.
- Observes all safety, quality and other company rules and regulations in the performance of duties
- Perform daily SAP functions to include goods receipts, shipments, transfers and audits.
- Cover breaks for team members.
Principal Accountabilities (Freezer)
- Respond when Operations calls for materials and transfer in SAP. Have materials set up in time for changeovers.
- Validate return quantity is reasonable and ensure return placard is applied.
- Return and transfer unused materials at the end of the production run to proper storage location.
- Take appropriate steps to ensure returned materials remain free of contamination.
- Receive small package deliveries (i.e. Fed-Ex/UPS) and deliver to appropriate department(s).
- Remove dunnage and trash from production areas for trash compactors or open tops.
- Monitors trash compactors and schedule pick-up as needed.
- Coordinate delivery and return of open top dumpsters to Waste Management Centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
appointment times, (b) temperatures of trailer is at least minus ten degrees, (c) trailer is chocked correctly and the floor of the trailer is safe, and (d) trailer is clean and odor free.
- Invert material before delivery to clean room, ensuring pallets remain free of contamination.
- Work positively with yard spotter or truck drivers to ensure they comply with all procedural requirements.
- Ensure prior to loading that: (a) driver has load numbers which match with our loading
- Unload, inspect and sort CHEP pallets with enough lead time to ensure acceptable temperatures are met prior to being used in production.
- On inbound ingredient deliveries, perform a non-destructive temperature pulp on product in nose, mid and tail of trailer being loaded.
- Be able to handle all functions of the freezer including pallet stacking, wrapping, loading, inventory counts, sorting pallets, pulping product, cleaning, pulling samples and segregating product.
- Other duties as assigned.
Able to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift
- A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Previous experience with forklifts and material handling equipment
- Minimum of two (2) years at a warehouse environment
- Experience or formal training in inventory control or warehouse management, loading trucks and temperature pulping preferred.• Able to lift up to 55 lbs
- Able to work in temperature ranging -20F to ambient
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Unilever - 19 months ago
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...