Job Description/Summary : Primarily responsible for the movement of merchandise through the warehouse within specified productivity, cost and quality standards by performing the duties listed below. Also responsible for the fabrication and assembly of hydraulic hoses.
Required Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Maintain broad knowledge of entire warehouse function including shipping, receiving, warehousing and returns
• Perform the fabrication and assembly of hydraulic hoses
• Receive, inspect, clean, identify and adjust new and used parts into computer system and put away stock inventory
• Ensure that merchandise part numbers and merchandise counts are correct
• Ensure proper storage and organization of warehouse
• Correctly sort packages according to destinations for shipping and receiving
• Pull and package parts for shipment to customers, company facilities, other distributors and manufacturers
• Communicate with customers and shop personnel to advise regarding order status
• Cooperate with customers to ensure that the customers parts needs are met in a timely, efficient and respectful manner
• Advise customers of completed orders for pick-up or prepare for shipment
• Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
• Demonstrate resourcefulness and technical knowledge to readily fix warehouse problems
• Cooperate and facilitate interactions regarding needed parts with other employees or related parties
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and accuracy in an environment of low to no supervision
• Ensure cleanliness, order, professionalism and safety of warehouse environment
• Assist in others duties that may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED; minimum of one year experience in a warehouse.
Customer service experience is a plus.
Must be personable, cooperative and present a professional image to customer and co-workers. Must be able to maintain a calm demeanor when dealing with complaints and problems.
Ability to utilize computer systems, shipping terminals, printers and related equipment for various parts, warehouse, inventory and shipping/receiving activities.
Ability to solve problems, yet use appropriate discretion in referring situations to other personnel.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT :
Performance will be evaluated on efficiency of transactions, knowledge of products and parts, proficiency with related warehouse equipment, customer satisfaction and management satisfaction with completion of other duties.
Ability to operate a forklift and standard transmission vehicles as well as maintaining a. Skills in construction are necessary to build special crates for parts shipment. Familiarity and experience with hydraulics and fittings a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers with both fine and gross motor movements, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Requires lifting up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 10 months ago - save job
Anderson Equipment Company was founded in 1935 by H.W. Anderson and his partner C.K. Burson. Used and rebuilt construction equipment...