Enable our company—and our patients—to function more efficiently. Ensure that those in our care have what they need when they need it. Meet the challenge and make a difference.
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Give your work more meaning with a company that connects patients to life-enhancing resources. Join the global leader in dialysis healthcare: Fresenius Medical Care North America. Creating strong bonds among patients, their families and our team members, we offer the products, services, and encouragement that others need to live better lives.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you’ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation’s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare ® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Make the most of this opportunity to become part of a major healthcare organization. The reliable, responsible individual we select will perform a variety of warehouse functions, including accurate storage, shipping and receiving of products. In addition, this person will load/unload freight, move and stack products; review, assemble and convey shipment orders; and ensure that inbound and outbound shipments are damage-free.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements. This position performs all functions necessary for the accurate storing, shipping, and receiving of product to meet FMCNA and PHG standards of quality, safety and productivity.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture though values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Primary responsibility involves loading and unloading freight in an efficient and safe manner utilizing the appropriate tools and equipment.
- Moves product to storage areas using the proper equipment, efficiently stacks, and stores the merchandise in the appropriate area according to established sequences and procedures. Ensures items are stored in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Reviews orders for shipment, determines and assembles the correct types of merchandise to be shipped. Conveys orders to the appropriate location or area for shipping/distribution.
- Ensures all duties are accomplished in compliance with all Distribution Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
- Ensures inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Operates any materials handling equipment safely and efficiently and according to the proper procedures.
- Uses radio frequency equipment for picking/selecting, receiving and string functions, as required.
- Ensures a clean, neat and orderly work area, cleans and maintains supplies, tools and equipment to ensure compliance with safety regulations, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Maintains all assigned material handling equipment in good condition to ensure adherence safety standards.
- May be required to perform other warehouse functions which may include but are not limited to:
Participating in cycle counting
Performing labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed
Examining and inspecting stock items for wear or defects and reporting damage to supervisor
Keeping records on the items received or distributed
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Warehouse workers are required to lift and carry loads of up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis. They are required to walk and stand for extended periods and be capable of operating power equipment.
High School Graduate or Equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 year warehouse experience.
- Must be able to read English, count accurately, do simple math, and write English legibly.
- The ability to operate a forklift is essential.
- Must be reliable, responsible, dependable and able to fulfill obligations.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for an extended period of time.
- The ability to follow directions and being careful about detail is extremely important.
- Familiarity with general warehouse operations and radio frequency equipment is beneficial .
Fresenius Medical Care - 14 months ago
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...