Milton CAT is the exclusive distributor of Caterpillar earthmoving and construction machinery and power systems products in the Northeast. Milton CAT serves customers in light to heavy construction, forestry, agriculture, governmental, paving, scrap, demolition, and waste markets as well as providing power for the marine, heavy truck and power generation industries.
Under general supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, this position is responsible for performing a variety of warehouse-related duties such as receiving and storage of goods and preparing orders for shipment. Pick items from shelves and placing them in totes, and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently, continually striving for improved customer satisfaction.
- Pick, pack, wrap and load product for delivery to customers.
- Insure accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Safe operation of all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Receive merchandise and stock shelves.
- Assists with inventory procedures as requested.
- Participates in physical inventory counts, as assigned, to verify the accuracy of parts on hand.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and regulations.
- Utilize computerized WMS (warehouse management system) and RF scanners.
- Must be flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Making of hydraulic hoses to include cutting, fitting, crimping, and operation of hose assembly tooling.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Proficient in the use of a computer and related software.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
Basic math skills.
Able to lift 75 pounds; 45 pounds on an unassisted basis, repetitively.
Able to work at heights up to 25 feet.
Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Energy and stamina to work extended daily hours as needed.
Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced distribution center environment.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have energy and stamina to work extended daily hours as needed.
- The ideal candidate has experience with WMS (Warehouse Management System) system software.
- Forklift Certification preferred.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online.
It is the policy of Milton CAT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap or veteran’s status; and to base all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity.
Milton CAT - 16 months ago
Rome was not built in a day, but then again the Romans couldn't go to Southworth-Milton either. An authorized Caterpillar dealer...