Receives material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other warehouses accurately and promptly.
Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing list.
Prepares a receiving report if none is available.
Assembles and fills orders to be shipped to customers or other divisions.
Loads common carrier and company vehicles.
Assembles customer orders to be shipped via UPS.
Processes paperwork regarding UPS shipments including: verifying that the merchandise to be shipped is correct, applying the correct UPS postage tape, following customer shipping instructions and insuring the shipment when necessary.
Gathers assembled orders that are in carts and verifies their quantities and descriptions. Counts and writes total quantity of merchandise being shipped on the invoice.
Packs each order into a container and arranges the container onto a shelf according to truck route.
Stocks incoming orders onto shelves.
Measures, cuts, and spools wire materials.
Verifies quantities and items being shipped against the invoice.
Substitutes for other warehouse personnel when needed.
Makes deliveries as needed.
Other dutiesas assigned.
Ability to write and read routine reports or job orders. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees within the organization.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday or within normal business hours. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In this position the employee is required to speak, read and hear English.
- Walk on concrete or other hard floor surface: 6-8 hours
- Standing continuously: up to 3 hours
- Pull heavy items in warehouse or yard: 6-8 hours
- Load and unload trucks from ground level or platform: 3-6 hours
- Lift minimum weight unassisted of up to 50 lbs: 3-6 hours
- Lift minimum weight unassisted of 75lbs: up to 3 hours
- Lift over 100 lbs. (1-2 times per week) : up to 3 hours
- Operate transportation equipment: 3-6 hours
- Repetitive use of hands/manual dexterity: 6-8 hours
- Work continuously for 8 hours per day, 5 days a week (with legally required breaks) : 6-8 hours
- Sitting for continuous periods: up to 3 hours
- Repetitively climbing: 3-6 hours
- Continuous repetitive kneeling: 3-6 hours
- Reaching - overhead: up to 3 hours; shoulder: 6-8 hours; below shoulder: up to 3 hours
- Twisting: 6-8 hours
- Bending: 6-8 hours
- Heaviest item required to carry: Electrical Panels & Wire Spools
- Manual use equipment: Wire measuring equipment
- Transport equipment: Sit down forklift, Upright forklift, Pallet Jack & Commercial Truck Driving
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures. This position constantly requires expose to extreme weather conditions in a warehouse environment at company branches. This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.