Bulk Picker position following all standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to complete all internal and external customer requests. Position will operate a picking cart or powered industrial truck to select orders and transport them to the proper area for shipment. Once in the proper area for shipment the products that have been picked will be unloaded according to the established distribution procedures. The products that are being picked are stored on pallets, cases, and/or individually.
Processes orders according to priority set by Supervisor/Group Lead in order to meet customer requirements.
Picks, packages, and labels shipments according to the Distribution SOP and work instructions
Maneuvers picking cart or powered industrial truck to various locations throughout theDistributionCenterto locate materials and fulfill orders
Takes/places product onto modules or pallets and transports orders to proper area for shipment, then repeats sequence of order picking.
Completes paper documentation requirements as outlined by Distribution SOP’s
Verifies proper storage conditions of products and notifies Supervisor of any inventory issues that may arise such as Can’t Finds, Expired Product, Breakage, and Out-Of-Stocks.
Practices good housekeeping and keeps inventory neat, clean, and orderly.
Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction including maintaining sufficient employee relations and teamwork.
Work in all areas of distribution center as assigned to meet customer needs
Demonstrates dependability, safety consciousness, productivity, and quality at or above standards along with willingness to maintain flexibility and perform multiple warehouse functions as needed.
Performs daily pre-trip inspection safety checks on powered industrial truck prior to use, when applicable.
Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- RF Terminal
- Empty Pallets
- Plastic Bags
- Rubber Bands
- Site specific Personal Protective Equipment as required (Safety Shoes, Safety Harness, etc.)
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution and departmental standard operating procedures.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Worker must be able to read and write in English.
- General warehouse experience is preferred, preferably in the Picking department
- Worker should have or be willing to obtain forklift certification and prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably a cherry picker
- Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and posses problem solving abilities
- On-the-job training is provided by the employer.
- Fork Lift certified.
- Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, standing, bending and reaching required
- Must be willing to work weekday and weekend overtime as required
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 20 months ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...