Position Purpose Summary:
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for the accurate storing and receiving of merchandise and the counting, picking and loading of merchandise as designated on Member orders in, within, on the grounds of, or out of the distribution center.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
o Unload, sort, verify, stock, segregate, pick, reserve, replenish, pack, count and load merchandise as designated on Member orders.
o Accurate and timely processing of reports and paperwork associated with the various procedures and duties.
o Know, follow and perform to the maximum levels of quality and productivity standards.
o Conduct physical inventories as required.
o Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
o Ability to perform functions and duties under the direction of management or supervision.
Type and Years of Related Experience Required:
- High School/GED Diploma or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Ability to read and write English and perform arithmetic functions, to the extent necessary to handle paper work, electronic equipment and to process all warehouse work.
- Experience sufficient to learn and properly perform the duties of the job in a safe manner.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have the ability and be willing to learn to operate material handling equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ability to learn new functions, processes and methodologies.
- Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment reading and math skills tests which test ability to accurately perceive numbers, perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); ability to solve basic mathematical problems; and ability to read and comprehend English.
True Value - 21 months ago
True Value Company is one of the world's largest retailer-owned hardware cooperatives. With about 4,500 independent retailers and an...