Auto req ID 8272BR
Job Title Warehouse worker
Business Unit Milgard Manufacturing
Job Posting Category Production/Operation
Country United States
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Warehouse worker is responsible for truck loading and/or stocking the delivery routes in the warehouse. An employee in the Warehouse performs a variety of loading and stocking assignments and requires seasonal availability for a seven day workweek (8-12 hours per day) and ability to work any shift.
Key Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES :
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION :
- Adhere to safety procedures as outlined in the Illness & Injury Prevention Program and the Employee Handbook.
- Perform departmental activities per standard operating procedures
- Ensure loads are complete per documentation
- Secure loads in proper fashion to minimize damage and breakage.
- Work in a team environment.
- Ensure Warehouse is stocked according to route and track down product that is missing.
- Previous experience in warehouse environment
- Sufficient literacy to read and understand window labels and route codes
- Glass handling and/or glass knowledge preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Forklift certification is a plus.
PHYSICAL Requirements :
- Ability to use hand held scanning unit
- Compute basic math problems to include fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to work in, and promote, a team environment.
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
- Good hand eye coordination and the ability to discern colors.
- Required to repetitively lift up to 80 lbs depending on the job.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Overtime may be required, including some weekends.
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
- Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Hearing protection and safety glasses required, additional safety equipment provided based on specific job.
- Work surfaces are concrete. Personnel will stand while performing their respective job functions, for up to 12 hours a day.
E-Verify English Milgard is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-Verity Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Masco - 21 months ago
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...